Hooked on Netflix

A few weeks ago I wrote about the interesting love that people have for Netflix. I first used the service back in 2006. I had the 2 DVDs at a time plan. It was pretty cool, I saw some great independent films that I would have had a hard time finding otherwise. When I got busy with college I put my account on hold.

(from kristipwrs on Flickr)

I basically forgot about it until last month, when I re-activated my subscription because there were a few movies I wanted to see but was having a hard time finding anywhere else. Now, I have the 1 DVD at a time plan. I pay less money for it, and when you include the Netflix Instant content, get a lot more.

Honestly, I wonder how the casual TV watcher could justify paying significantly more money for cable when so much content, both movies and TV shows, exists on a $9 per month Netflix subscriptions.

Of course, there are things you can get on cable that you can't get on Netflix - live sports, news, the ability to watch shows during their initial run... there's value to that stuff that some people will always be willing to pay for. But for someone who doesn't need all that stuff but still wants access to TV and movies? Netflix is really great.

1 comments:

    I never bought into it, nor do I imagine why today in a world of Comcast On Demand and free DVD rentals from library consortiums. But if it works for you, godspeed!