Around the Web

In case you're wondering what I've been up to when I'm not writing here...

Over at Greater Greater Washington, I take issue with talking buses. It looks like they might get rolled out in Washington, and that concerns me. Cleveland's RTA first starting running noise-making buses about a year and a half ago, and I've never been a fan. I struggle to understand how they improve safety, and it seems like others agree.

I have a couple of post up at All Opinions are Local. Next year Washington will be home to a few new microbreweries. I'm pretty excited about this, although I'm trying to keep my expectations in check since I've been spoiled by Great Lakes beer. Last month, a new independent movie theater just opened it's doors. It's a much appreciated development in a city with great movie theaters, but dominated by big corporate chains.

1 comments:

    FYI, the Cleveland buses appear to have stopped making that infernal beeping noise whenever the turn signal is turned on. I think some of them may be talking now, but I don't know if all of them are.