French Press On-Tap

A few weekends ago I stopped by my favorite coffee shop while I was visiting Cleveland. I was excited to see a few new menu innovations, including French press coffee on-tap.

(from Toronto Rob on Flickr)

The concept is simple. Brew a pot of coffee in a French Press and serve upon request. It's both quick and delicious.

I know that the regular old cuppa coffee isn't quite as popular these days in a coffee culture dominated by espresso drinks; but there are some people, like myself, who simply prefer a regular cup of joe. Shops can charge a premium for French pressed coffee. I'd pay it. I'm sure other coffee snobs would too.

Really, I think any coffee shop that uses the word 'gourmet' to describe what it serves ought to have some French press option. You can buy the best beans on earth, but the brewing process is going to make a huge impact on how that coffee ultimately tastes. Coffee still has a place among espresso, as long as it's done well.

0 comments: