French Pressed Coffee To-Go

My favorite coffee company was featured by a local news station in a story about the rising price of commodity coffee beans. Watch:



When it comes down to it, I truly like to drink coffee. Not espresso, not any of the dozens of espresso derivatives. I just like a good, delicious cup of coffee.

It's unfortunate that so many coffee shops have demoted coffee to a drink that they serve because they have to, but don't put much effort into. I understand that espresso drinks are popular, but I also wonder how much of their popularity has to do with the fact that regular drip coffee fails to live up to its potential.

A lot of coffee shops have some sort of "French press service" which I think is very cool. But you really need to bring a friend along and plan to stay for a while. If you're by yourself, it's a lot of coffee to drink. If you want a coffee on the go, forget about it.

I can definitely get behind a French press to-go option. I hope more coffee shops decide to jump on this wagon.

0 comments: