As We Mature

After a break-up a few years back, Blink 182 got back together this summer to do a big tour. Admittedly, I don't love music the way a lot of people do; so this will probably be one of few music posts here for a while. When the reunion announced last spring, I had mixed feelings about it. The more I think about it, the more I'm disappointed that it happened.

I guess it wouldn't have mattered so much if Tom Delong wasn't also the lead singer of one of my favorite bands, Angels and Airways - and the fact that Blink 182 is together meant that Angels and Airwaves was not.

After going through some old Blink 182 songs on my iPod, I realized why I liked the band when I was 12 or 13 or 14 years old. The songs are generally pretty immature and definitely appealing to the teenage demographic. But now that I'm 22, I find the songs much less appealing.

I mean, honestly, does anyone remember this?




I hope to see more of Angels and Airwaves and less of Blink 182 in the future. As we mature, it's nice to have music that matures too.

0 comments: